|Written by Administrator|
|Wednesday, February 17 2010 08:49|
The first church was built in Uzdin in 1804. After half a century, in 1854, this church was burnt in the fire. The new one was built on the same place 1856. The icons and the church were painted by Constantin Daniel, one of the most important 19th century painters of Vojvodina.
Town and church day, St. George, is April 23rd
The first church in Crepaja was built in 1776 - two years after the founding of the town. The old church was there until 1822, when the building of the new, present, church began. The tower was added in 1835, and the interior painting was completed in 1860. Icons were made by the painter Jovan Popović.
Town and church day, Velika Gospojina, is Avgust 28th.
Building of the church in the Putnikovo started in August 19th 1938 , and was completed in December of that year. The church is dedicated to Virgin Mary, celebrated in 21st September as the Nativity. Nineteen icons were done by Russian immigrant Vladimir Zelinski, a painter from Kikinda.
Building of the Reformation Church in Debeljača began in 1836 and ended in 1838. It was given its current form in 1903 with the construction of a new dome. With its height of 76 meters and with 1000 seats, this church was the highest and largest Reformation church in the former Yugoslavia. For decades Reformation community in Debeljača was the largest in the region, and currently has about 2000 members. Church services are performed daily by a couple of priests, Moritz-Batki Anna and Moritz Attila.
The construction of Orthodox church in Debeljača began in 1934. The church was consecrated a year later in 1935. That same year the church has baptized the first baby - Živan Savanov, born 18th March 1935. Inside of the building was painted by an unknown painter. The church has 41 icons.
Town and church day, Preobraženje, is Avgust 19th.
Foundations of Evangelical Churches in Padina were laid on 15th September 1834, and the entire building, which was built by an architect Bartholomew Haneke, was completed in 1839. The church was consecrated in October 31st 1841 in the presence of a priests from Bački Petrovac, Aradac, Gložan, and Kovačica. In 1844-45 the church building was built and a year later the school building with four classes. Over the years the church was rebuilt several times, and in 1925 it got three new bells.
Church day, Velika Gospojina, is Avgust 28th.